Do you ever have a craving for food that you can only find at a local pub & eatery ?…..you know the food ~ the juicy burgers and crisp golden fries. yeah, those cravings.
well, I was determined to make a ‘Pub’ meal at home with all the fixins.
Pulled-Beef Sandwiches & Fries sounds perfect.
Why not try a little weekend living right in your own home….
The Beef Sandwich (Crock-Pot)
- 3 lbs beef roast ~ hand selected from the butcher when possible (it makes a delicious difference)
- chopped onions ~ to taste
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce ~ and if you like it, add a few more shakes
- 3 tbsp brown sugar ~ well, approximately anyway (measured with love)
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar ~ I used apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika ~ or a few shakes
- 1 tsp chili powder ~ or a few shakes
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce ~ to taste
- and bakery kaiser rolls ~ fresh from the bakery
- Place roast in crockpot (spray crock with cooking spray if desired). Add the onions.
- In a bowl combine remaining ingredients (except for kaiser rolls).
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred Roast with two forks, it should fall apart.
- Serve on soft Kaiser Rolls. Enjoy the remaining for leftovers or freezer meals.
a juicy, fall apart, well seasoned pulled-beef sandwich.
Would you believe these Pub Fries were baked?
Here is the secret.
Prepare the potatoes ahead of time, using approximately 2 russet potatoes per person, scrub each potato, then ~ first cut the potato in half lengthwise, then half again, then cut each potato slice into wedges. Then place the sliced potatoes into ice cold water until ready to bake. That’s the big secret to crispy oven fries, the ice cold water bath.
Next line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil spray. Then drain (the cold water) and add the sliced Potatoes to the baking sheet. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and spread with a pastry brush. Sprinkle with Kosher Salt to taste.
Then Bake at 400 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. (oven time and temp may vary). If you like your fries a little crispier, leave them in a little longer.
Serve it up with America’s favorite sauce. Ketchup! Or as my niece calls it ‘Chup.
A perfect Pub Meal for your cravings
Oops… forgot the coleslaw
coming soon ~ Flower Frogs, another Hiccup, Halloween Keepsake Journal, Punch Needle Designs and Christmas happenings in July.