If you have been following along for the last five-six years you have heard, read, learned and created along with me alotta Classic Chalk Art! ….and once again I am excited to announce the next design, except this time with a new technique to try!
let me introduce ~ ‘Just You and Me Cookie!’
This cute pattern title came from a FaceBook follower Andrea Adam. We had somewhat of a contest to name this piece….if you want to see all the wonderful suggestions stop by my FaceBook timeline. I can tell you it was not easy to decide so I tossed all the names into a cookie jar and pulled at random, along with a cookie or two! Love it….Just You and Me Cookie!
Seats filled quickly for this Home Studio Class….but did you know there are different ways to create this fun piece with your family and friends? How about in your home, local studio, craft shop or art center? Simply pick a date and send a message ~ I would love to set up a private get together (if your local) or you can create this pattern on your own with your friends and family ~ gather your supplies and enjoy a fun afternoon creating together!
Here are some tips to plan your very own get together to create!
- be prepared ~ create the pattern on your own ahead of time ~ then there won’t be any surprises on the day your friends show up!
- If hosting a class or get together a pattern is required to be purchased for each person. A discount will be offered, so be sure to ask!
- Did you know this pattern or any for that matter ~ can be created on any wood surface? If you’re looking to cut cost, shop your local thrift store, dollar store or craft store for unfinished wood ~ maybe a small tray, a block of wood, or even a fun wooden clipboard (…..thank you Kristin) would make a fun idea! Then size the pattern provided to fit the piece of wood with your home printer.
- order the pencils in bulk thru DickBlick.com, then sharpen both ends of the pencil and cut in 1/2 for each participant. Cutting costs in 1/2 too!
- Use paper plates and plastic cups for paint and water.
- Have a station set up for the ‘paint’ part of the pattern to share brushes ~ better to buy one or two brushes then enough for the party!
- always have glitter on hand for folks who love to sparkle!
- be sure to spray varnish outside to finish.
- Prepare the painted background ahead of time to save on time….even add the line drawing. This cuts down on cost and time for your friends.
Here is the new technique to creating Classic Chalk Art~ I think you’re gonna love it! Click!
If you missed all the Classic Chalk Art posts, how-tos, free patterns, and technique videos ~ place ‘Chalk Art’ in the search box on the blog page ~ I just know you’re going to find something you like!
Are you ready to try the NEW Classic Chalk Art technique and fun pattern? Click below to purchase ~ shop around ~ so many fun patterns to choose from!
So happy for all the support of this small women owned art-full business…thank you from the top and bottom of my heart…..and Enjoy!
Coming Soon ~ Homespun, Heartfelt and Handmade, Making of a Christmas Card, It’s all in the Presentation, Charlie Brown Wrapping, Cotton Pickin’ Wreath and Holly