How could you not love a meal that gives the options to go-all-in and make it from scratch or if you’re pressed for time, you can still make something not-completely-out-of-the-box and save a few steps…..or there is always the pull-out-of-the-freezer option….or even part scratch, part time-saver.
This Meatball Casserole is just that recipe!
First adding a loaf of Italian bread split in two or sliced ~ into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Either fresh or frozen from your favorite bakery or grocery store, or how about homemade fresh baked bread? Ahhhh, now we are talking.
Then adding a spreadable mix of cream cheese, mayo and Italian blend seasoning (see recipe below), over the Italian bread and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Next up ~ top bread, spread and cheese with meatballs.
Pressed for time? Add premade cooked meatballs. Have some meatballs in the freezer, toss those in!
Or make your own meatballs with this simple recipe below.
- 1/3 C chopped onions
- 1/4 C seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- Add all ingredients to bowl and mix well. Shape into 1″ balls. Place onto a greased shallow baking pan and bake at 400 degrees about 20 minutes.
Next up add your favorite spaghetti sauce recipe. Maybe your pressed for time…how about adding a jar (3 1/2 C) of sauce from the grocery store?
Or maybe your Aunt makes the best jarred sauce.
Or make your own, There are a few favorites saved on my Pinterest Board, here is a spaghetti sauce I have enjoyed ~ click (here).
Then sprinkle with additional mozzarella cheese or add shredded parmesan cheese, or add whatever cheese will melt your heart…and belly.
Then bake, and you will have the most delicious meal!
Whether it is completely from scratch or created on the fly.
How about freezing some for later for an even quicker meal? Or freezing extra meatballs and sauce….the ideas and options are endless!
Enjoy the Recipe below
- Meatballs (see recipe above) or premade
- Italian Bread Loaf purchased or homemade
- 1 8oz package of Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 C Mayo
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 C shredded Mozzarella Cheese (divided)
- 3 1/2 C Spaghetti Sauce purchased or homemade
- 1 C Water
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- Baked Meatballs (as shown above)
- Place sliced Italian Bread into a 9 x 13 pan in a single layer. Combine Cream Cheese, Mayo and Italian Seasoning and spread over Italian Bread
- Add 1/2 C of the Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Add the Meatballs
- Add the Spaghetti Sauce (mixed with water and garlic, only if needed)
- Add the remaining shredded Mozzarella Cheese (or other)
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees. 30 minutes
8 thoughts on “Meatball Casserole Two-Way | Snack Table Dining”
We had this last week and it was awesome…..it’s sure to be a favorite staple here. Thanks for sharing the recipe Amy!!! ❤️
so happy you enjoyed!
Sounds delicious. I will definitely have to try it. Thank you for sharing.
that looks just absolute yummy!
A keeper for sure!
Definitely trying the meatball casserole this week!!!! Sounds so good!!!
It really has a good flavor all the way thru! Enjoy!