Gingerbread Pudding Cake fresh from the oven warms the belly and the heart.
It is heart warming for sure.
The recipe shared below can be baked into individual mugs or a baby bundt pan (here)….now that would be extra sweet!
mmmmm, this has me thinking of creating a baby bundt box for this fun dessert (here)!
Follow the recipe for your own taste ~ I removed much of the spice and added chocolate chips and powdered sugar…..you cannot go wrong with this combination, making it a little sweeter.
Classic Gingerbread Pudding Cake
a classic version of Gingerbread
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ginger I used 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon I used 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp all spice and nutmeg I omited
- 1/4 cup butter to room temp
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 of a large egg beat and use half
- 1/2 cup molasses next time I would probably use a lighter molasses or reduce amount and add more water
- 1/2 cup water to mix with molasses
- 6 tbsp packed brown sugar I heaped
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp chocolate chips or more!
- powdered sugar to serve!
- Preheat Oven to 350 F
- grease or spray 4 mugs or baby bundt pan and set onto cookie sheet
- in a medium bowl whisk together ~ flour, baking soda and spices.
- in a small bowl combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 c molasses and stir well.
- in a medium bowl with a mixer beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add egg and beat again. Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture and molasses mixture until blended.
- divide batter among mugs, filling about 1/2 full with batter. Sprinkle each with equal parts of brown sugar and chocolate chips. then combine hot water and butter, stir until mixed, then pour equal parts into each mug until almost to the top of mug.
- Bake until firm and top cracks about 35 minutes. Serve warm with powered sugar, whipped cream or ice cream!