Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too.
If you have been following along for a while, you may have noticed we love to ‘coordinate’ here at Classic Amy Joanne. We coordinate art with home, fabric and paint colors, creative surfaces, different seasons, recipes and table settings, and many gift ideas, even the gift wrapping and ribbon….well, pretty much everything.
‘Just Add Sprinkles‘ ‘Creative Christmas Keepsake Journal’, Page #14 ~ found us ‘coordinating’ ~ with one idea leading to another.
The conversation in my mind went something like this
“we need a baking page in our journal, oh!, and we could paint it onto a gift-able surface too, oh I know, what about a baby-bundt box, oh! and we can make a matching gift tag too, oh! and a recipe for gift giving ….oh my word!”‘oh me, oh my, like a ball being batted in a pin-ball machine’
The idea started with Page 14 of our ‘Creative Christmas Keepsake Journal’ ~ ‘the baking page’ ‘Just Add Sprinkles‘ in acrylics.
You may read more about our ‘Creative Keepsake Journals’ (here) ~ and join us on October 20th, 2022 thru Artful Webinars Zoom Classes (here) to create ‘Just Add Sprinkles’. (paint on any surface).
Thru-out our ‘Keepsake Journaling’ we have also created a few ‘Book Peekers’ ~ to tuck into tiny pockets within our journal pages …pretty cute, huh?
The ‘Book Peekers’ are available to Keepsake Journal Members thru our private page here on this website (learn more here).
The newest ‘Book Peeker’ called ‘Elfie Bakes’ will be a gift-to-you provided along with the ‘Just Add Sprinkles‘ Zoom Class Sign-Ups.
‘Elfie Bakes’ not only looks cute peeking from the pages of our Journals, but would make a fun gift tag for our coordinated gift!
If you have already purchased ‘Elfie Bakes Book Peeker’ and you signed up for the Zoom Class ‘Just Add Sprinkles‘ please let me know and I will credit your next purchase $5.00.
Complete Pattern available to everyone in January 2023. Book Peeker Sold Separate.
Also included within the Pattern are instructions to complete the Page Design onto a Baby Bundt Box (found here) ~ including the optional color choice and how to finish the inside of the box for perfectly coordinated gift giving!
The baby bundt box fits a 3c bundt cake (pan found here). The box is made to look like a traditional bentwood box with wrap around sides, and it has a secret false bottom too. Adding the upholstery tacks makes it even cuter!
To complete the gift ~ try this Red Velvet Cake Recipe, and don’t forget the Sprinkles!
All beautifully coordinated from the Journal Page, to the Baby Bundt Box, to the Red Velvet Cake to the Gift Tag.
Red Velvet Baby Bundt Cake
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese at room temp
- 1 1/4 cup salted butter at room temp
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs at room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup buttermilk at room temp
- 3 tsp food coloring or keep adding until it is the color you prefer
- 4 oz cream cheese for frosting at room temp
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar for frosting
- 2 tb whole milk for frosting
- 1 tsp vanilla for frosting
- preheat oven to 325
- prepare bundt pan with butter and flour by spraying with non stick spray.
- in a mixer combine cream cheese and butter and mix until smooth. , gradually add in sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition, add vanilla
- slowly add the cake flour and cocoa powder and mix well
- remove the bowl from the mixer and pour in the buttermilk. Mix by hand until incorporated with a rubber spatula, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- fold in the food coloring (I added alot to get the perfect Red).
- pour batter into prepared pans (I used several small bundt pans) ~ I baked for a half hour and then checked for doneness. larger pans will take longer. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- cool at room temperature, invert onto plate to add frosting.
- in a bowl combine all frosting ingredients and mix until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
6 thoughts on “Just Add Sprinkles”
You’re making me hungry again! Need to try this recipe! And I love the “Just Add Sprinkles” design!
thank you Barbara!
Everything you do is amazing Amy! I could spend hours on your blog looking at your wonderful pictures!
Thank you Lynn ~ so sweet of you.
You’re so talented!! Enjoy you website very much. Wish I had half your energy.
Thank you so very much Mary, so happy to have you as a creative friend!